Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Office

           As I sit on another Thursday night, the threat of a blog post once again looms overhead. At the moment I am sitting in my living room, watching reruns of The Office with my sister. The Office was a great show in its day (except for maybe after Steve Carrell left, when it started to get weird).  Every Thursday my family would gather together and watch the newest episode of The Office, laughing non-stop until the episode was over. Even as it started to get weird at the end, my family and I stuck with it, determined to see how the writers wrapped up the story.

            The ending to The Office truly was one of, if not the, best endings to a show I’ve seen. It was equal parts funny and sad; bittersweet in a lot of ways. The show had been a part of our lives for the better part of a decade, and it was sad knowing we wouldn’t be watching the show together anymore, leaving a void that we would have a tough time filling. Watching the reruns is definitely funny and entertaining, but nothing compares to sitting around with your friends and/or family watching an episode none of you have seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment