Thursday, March 31, 2016

Easter Ramblings

            Easter is a weird holiday. It’s kind of like a half-assed Christmas/Thanksgiving combination. I grew up Jewish, so I never really experienced the religious aspect of Easter. My mom’s side of the family usually comes over to my house and we all sit down and have a tasty dinner together. It always gives us a good opportunity to catch up and share stories of funny and interesting stuff that has happened to us since Christmas- the most recent time (usually) that we had all been together to eat and have a conversation.
            Another great part of Easter is definitely the food. My mom always makes a big honey-glazed ham, which is dope because we usually don’t have ham at all, never mind honey-glazed. This year we had a small crowd for Eater, and my family didn’t eat much of the leftovers, so I can proudly say I ate well over half of a full ham during the past several days. On second thought, I am really not proud that I ate so much ham, and I don’t think I will ever be able to be kosher again, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

            I don’t think colleges give students Easter off as a holiday (obviously you get the day off because it’s a Sunday, but I don’t think they give you any days on either end of the weekend for travelling. It will definitely be weird to not be home to celebrate, but my family will make up for it with Christmas and Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment