This week a majority of the Senior
Class has partaken in a game of Assassin. We have a website that everyone who
wants to play signs up on, and the website tells each player who their target
is. I was worried that I would get someone who would be nearly impossible to
kill, but luckily I got a girl who lives a few streets away from me. She also
plays softball, so it was easy for me to know when she would be coming home. I
hid in her bushes a few minutes before practice ended, and was able to “kill”
her as she walked from her car to her house.
If there’s one thing I learned from
the game, it is scary how easy it is to acquire information about someone.
Within minutes I, and many of my friends, were able to find out where our
target lived and when they would be coming and going from their house.
I also totally underestimated how paranoid I would get
while waiting for the person who had me to strike. It could have been anyone,
and they could have struck anytime when I was not in school or at my house.
Every flickering light or animal in a bush made me jump, and towards the end I
was pretty ready to get killed so I could calm down. I even went to the YMCA in
Woburn to work out because I was afraid I would get killed while working out.
It was definitely a fun game, but I’m not sure I would
be quick to play again.
No comments:
Post a Comment