It’s
NBA and NHL playoff time, and that means the bandwagon fans are coming out of
the woodwork to support teams that “they’ve liked for years!” who are pushing
for a championship/Stanley Cup after an impressive regular season.
Unfortunately, the Bruins didn’t make it into the playoffs this year, which
means I will not be watching much (if any) playoff hockey this year because I
really only like the Bruins. Playoff hockey is one of the more enjoyable
sporting events to watch, but I have a hard time staying interested in a sports
game if I have no personal attachment to either of the teams playing.
Luckily, the Celtics did manage to
make it into the playoffs this year, despite not having a very impressive lineup.
They’re seeded at 5 of 8 in the East, which means they’re matching up first
round with the Atlanta Hawks (the 4 seed in the East). Since their seeds are so
close, this series was destined to be close but difficult. It’s been back and
forth, with the Hawks up 3-2 in the best-of-7 series. The Celtics have had some
trouble and have been rather frustrating to watch at times- mostly because of poor
shooting- but they have a lot of fight in them and every game (with the
exception of game 5) has been exciting to watch through the end. Unfortunately,
if the Celtics do manage to rally and beat the Hawks tonight (and take them
down in game 7 when they don’t have home court advantage), I think they will
have immense difficulty against Lebron and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Regardless,
playoffs are always a joy to watch and they make the last month or so of school
much more enjoyable.
No comments:
Post a Comment