I went to Chipotle last week for the
first time in a long time after their e-coli scandal several months back. The
first thing I noticed was that it was very empty, something usually very
uncharacteristic for Chipotle, but quite understandable given the
circumstances. The line went quickly, and soon it was time to order. I’ve eaten
many burritos from Chipotle, perhaps more than I’d care to admit, so I have my
order down to a science.
Each time I get a burrito and get brown rice. White
rice is probably healthier, but I don’t like how it tastes as much as brown
rice. I don’t get any beans (scandalous, I know) because I like how my burrito
tastes without them better than with them. The next step is meat, where I get
barbacoa. It’s like pulled pork, but with steak, and is to die for. I’ve
dabbled with other meats, but none of them were as good as barbacoa. Next I get
medium salsa. This was the toughest part of my order to narrow down, as all of
the salsas are good in their own right. I’m not a huge fan of tomatoes, so I decided
mild wasn’t for me. The same fate befell the hot salsa, because I felt it overpowered
the flavors of everything else in the burrito. Thus, I settled on medium
because it adds just enough of a kick and doesn’t have any tomatoes. I then get
cheese because I love cheese and lettuce mostly to add some volume and color to
my otherwise brown burrito.
What do you get on your burrito?
No comments:
Post a Comment