As
first semester comes to a close, I foresee a lot of free time in my future when
the senior slide takes full effect (in every class except for English,
obviously). With that in mind, I have started looking for things to fill my
time. I’ve found a few Xbox games that seem fun, as well as starting a few new
TV shows. I wanted one comedy and one serious show because sometimes I’m in the
mood for one, while sometimes I’m in the mood for one while sometimes I’m in
the mood for the other. For the funny show I’ve begun watching New Girl. I like
it because it’s a sitcom, but with a different twist. The characters are all extremely
uptight, and when they conflict it’s hilarious.
The serious show I’ve begun is LOST.
Partially because I’ve had lots of friends recommend it, and also because I
just saw the new Star Wars movie, which was directed by the same director as
Lost; J.J. Abrams. I’m only halfway through the first season, but so far it’s
been an awesome show. For the first few episodes, the show has provided
backstory for one of the characters by littering scenes from their past during
the episode. Each character has a dynamic background, and it’s really cool to
see them get used to their surroundings and each other, trying to understand
the pasts and motives of each of the others. So far it’s a great show, and I’d
gladly recommend it to everyone.
So how do you plan to fill all your
time when the slide is in full swing?
While senioritis is an questionably accepted excuse for laziness and mediocrity at the end of one's high school career, I will admit to its tempting presence in my own life. If my laziness gets the better of me and schoolwork falls to relaxation, I think that at the very least, I would start reading books. I have been unable to read books for enjoyment, mostly due to my lack of time as well as my past list of mandatory high school reads, and given time, it does seem like something to go back to in time.
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to watch Lost because I have not heard anything but high praise from anyone who has seen it. However, I have never been a show guy, so I wouldn't place a bet on me ever actually getting around to watch it. Maybe I'll have to force myself to watch a few shows with all my upcoming freetime.
ReplyDeleteNew Girl is a great show. I personally have not yet begun my slide but I do anticipate it with much excitement.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what I will watch. I might take a look at LOST. When it was originally out, I heard good things about it, but I was too young to appreciate it then. My most recent binge was Making a Murderer, which I highly recommend.
ReplyDelete