The applications are in, and now the
wait begins. After I sent in my last application, I let out a sigh of relief,
believing I could throw it into cruise control for the next five months until
graduation. The past three days have been a rude awakening for me. Rude as in
peeing in your neighbor’s lawn, rude. My cruise hit an iceberg and sank the
past three days. The iceberg took the form of my six teachers, who still have a
job to do for the next 5ish months, determined not to let their classes slip.
While this is definitely for the best; being lazy for the next five months
would not set me up to succeed in college, and it is always good to learn more,
I am going to have to switch up my mindset in order to not crap out second semester.
What will keep me going the most is
the promise of something new just around the corner. A new setting, new people,
new classes. For those I will keep up with my work and not slack off. I am
definitely ready for the next step in my life; high school is growing
increasingly stale. The same teachers, kids, problems, lack of freedom day in
and day out. I’ve been in the same small pond that I’ve been in for the past 14
years, and I’m ready to dive into the ocean (that metaphor was pretty cliché,
sorry about that). Despite this, I am trying to enjoy the end of high school as
much as I can because I know in the future I will look back on this time and
think of how great it was, and how nice it would be to go back to it. I’ve had
a great time in high school, and while I understand there’s still several
months to go, I am definitely ready for the next stage in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment